The VALUE you want. The SECURITY you need. And the CONFIDENCE you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FAQs Questions and Answers:
1. What is the FORD PREMIUM EXTENDED WARRANTY?
The FORD PREMIUM EXTENDED WARRANTY is a Ford Motor Company product that offers qualified Ford vehicle owners the opportunity to add up to 3 more years in their vehicle warranty. In total that is 5 long years of car warranty and tranquil ownership.
2. Who is qualified to avail of the Ford Premium Extended Warranty?
If your vehicle was manufactured or imported through Ford Group Philippines and still has a valid original manufacturer's warranty then you are qualified to avail of this product.
3. What is covered under the Ford Premium Extended Warranty?
The Ford Premium Extended Warranty provides a comprehensive warranty that covers your vehicle against unforeseen failure of all mechanical and electrical parts including the engine, transmission, vehicle CPU or computer control unit, air-conditioning system, factory supplied audio / video system, and many many many more. All labor charges associated with the repair and / or replacement of said electrical and mechanical parts are also included in the warranty coverage. Please click BROCHURE below to read more about the product.
4. How many additional warranty months / kilometers is available under this program?
- Extra 12 months or 25,000 km. warranty, which ever comes first;
- Extra 24 months or 50,000 km. warranty, which ever comes first; or
- Extra 36 months or 75,000 km. warranty, which ever comes first;
5. If I avail of a 12 months / 25,000 km. extended warranty, can I purchase another 12 months / 25,000 km extended warranty after a year?
No, customer may avail of the Extended Warranty only once per Ford vehicle.
6. How much will it cost me to avail of the Ford Premium Extended Warranty?
It depends on the vehicle model, age, and odometer reading. Please inquire from your nearest Ford dealer for prices.
7. If I intend to purchase a new Ford vehicle through financing can I include the price of the Extended Warranty in the amount to be financed?
Yes, Ford Credit is willing to include the Extended Warranty in their financing package. Or, ask your Ford dealer about other flexible terms in purchasing the Extended Warranty.
8. Why is the Ford Premium Extended Warranty important?
PEACE OF MIND for 5 long years. It is your protection against unforeseen costly mechanical or electrical repairs after the original warranty expires. Such repairs could drain your financialresources or disrupt your household budget. In short, you do not want bad surprises.
9. If I have an Extended Warranty and decided to sell my car, can I transfer the Extended Warranty to the subsequent owner?
Yes, the Extended Warranty is transferable to subsequent car owners. As such you can expect a better resale value for your car. Where, in the Philippines, can you get a 3 year old car that still has a 2 year warranty? You will have an easier time selling your car since Ford is fully behind this Extended Warranty.
10. Do I have to buy the Extended Warranty now? Can't I buy it later?
Yes, you can still avail of the Extended Warranty as long as your car still has the original manufacturer's warranty. But it will be 20 to 25 % cheaper if you purchase the Extended Warranty while your car is less than 31 days old (from date of vehicle release to customer).
11. This product is quite unfamiliar to me and thus, please explain to me why should I avail of this product?
Do you have a comprehensive insurance for your car? The comprehensive insurance covers you against possible theft and accident. Have you had year(s) when you did not encounter any theft nor accident? What happened to the insurance premium you have paid?
The Extended Warranty protects you from parts deterioration due to car usage which is not just a possibility. It is expected. Do you believe in the statement ? the older the vehicle the more repairs?
The comprehensive insurance claim comes with a deductible. The Extended Warranty claim has no deductible. We will replace all warrantable parts, including labor, at no cost to the owner.
And for about the same amount you pay for a 1-year comprehensive insurance you can get a 3-year Extended Warranty.
Doesn't the Extended Warranty seem more practical?
12. What are the parts not covered by Ford Premium Extended Warranty?
|- wiper blades||- automatic transmission bands & clutches|
|- spark plugs||- limited slip differential friction clutches|
|- belts||- tires|
|- hoses||- paint work|
|- batteries & bulbs||- panel or bodywork and their components|
|- clutch facings||- components made of glass|
|- exhaust system||- trim or decorative components|
|- catalytic converter||- suspension bushings & ball joints|
|- brake pads||- shocks absorbers & wheel bearings|
|- manual transmission clutch disk||- brake drums & brake rotors|
Parts not included in the above are covered by the Ford Premium Extended Warranty.