2013 Henry Ford Awards Now Open for Entries
The Henry Ford Awards set to laud automotive journalists who continue to ‘Drive History’. Click here
to download the Henry Ford Award Entry Form and mechanics
You need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader plug-in to view the files.
Ford Announces Call For Entries for the 13th Annual Henry Ford Awards
Mon, Aug 26, 2013
- Ford Philippines now accepts nominations for the annual Henry Ford Awards (HFA) program across twelve categories
- This year, Ford introduces the Automotive Consumer Feature to encourage increased participation from consumer and lifestyle press
MANILA, Philippines – Ford Philippines is inviting print, online and broadcast media to submit their entries in 12 competition categories for the 13th Annual Henry Ford Awards (HFA), the country’s premier awards for excellence in automotive journalism.
The Henry Ford Awards is an annual competition that recognizes the critical role that journalists play in both chronicling and driving the automotive industry’s evolution, and remains unparalleled in its efforts to identify excellence in print, broadcast and online media.
“The Henry Ford Awards provides an opportunity each year to recognize the professionalism, and creativity of automotive reporting in the Philippines, as well as the significant role they play in supporting the automotive industry,” said Kay Hart, managing director, Ford Philippines.
“We’re proud of what the Henry Ford Awards stand for, as well as the friendly, but still very competitive nature of the automotive media who submit entries,” added Hart.
Ford has added one new category to the awards program this year: Automotive Consumer Feature, which focuses on a consumer-oriented automotive story published in a non-automotive section or publication.
Ford also combined two previous regular categories in this year’s program: Green and Smart Technology Feature, which highlights an automotive brand or company’s commitment to delivering leading technologies and environment-friendly solutions that make the driving and riding experience easier, safer, greener, and more enjoyable to the consumer.
A total of 12 awards - in eight regular categories and four special categories - will be given out this year:
- Automotive Feature Story (print);
- Automotive Column (print);
- Automotive Online Feature (online);
- Automotive Blog (online);
- Green and Smart Technology Feature Story (print, online);
- Automotive Television Feature (television, online video); and
- Published Photograph (print, online)
- Automotive Consumer Feature (published in a lifestyle section/non-automotive print or online section)
- Ford Feature Story (print, online);
- ‘Go Further’ Story (print, online);
- Ford Published Photograph (print, online); and
- Best Broadsheet Motoring Section (print).
Winners of the HFA regular categories will receive a cash prize of PhP 20,000 and a commemorative trophy, while winners of the HFA special categories will receive PhP 25,000 pesos and a commemorative trophy.
All awardees will be recognized at a gala awards night scheduled on Wednesday, December 4.
Call for entries
Entries may be nominated by editors, publishers, TV producers and fellow or participating journalists. In addition, participants have the option to submit entries via hard copies or online to the Henry Ford Awards Secretariat.
Deadline for submission of entries is on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 5:00p.m.
Hard copy entries must be submitted to:
The Henry Ford Awards Secretariat (c/o Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide Manila)
24th Floor, Picadilly Star Building,
4th Ave. Corner 27th Street, Fort Bonifacio Global City
Taguig, Metro Manila
All online entries should be emailed to The Henry Ford Awards Secretariat:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For more information, contact the HFA Secretariat at +188.8.131.5207